Dr. Christopher Perry
Nominated as the 2014 Texas Dentist of the year by his peers, Dr. Christopher Perry is an internationally respected clinician and educator. Dr. Perry was born and raised in New Jersey, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude from Amherst College.
Dr. Perry received his DMD degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey after receiving a Masters Degree in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics from Rutgers University. Dr. Perry completed a two year residency in the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) where he received advanced cosmetic, surgical, and implant training. He is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor in the residency program at the UTHSCSA Dental School.
Dr. Perry has lectured internationally on myriad topics from CEREC dentistry to proper occlusion and headache management. He is a former President of the San Antonio Chapter of the Academy of General Dentistry and received the prestigious Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry in 2013, attesting to his commitment to professional development and life-long learning. He was also nominated for induction in the International College of Dentists. A frequent contributor to journals such as Inside Dentistry, Dr. Perry is considered a leader in the profession.
Dr. Karen Burger-Wuertz
Dr. Karen has made it her mission to be on the cutting edge of dentistry and all the newest options available - from making your smile beautiful and your teeth healthy, to the latest dental sleep appliance and laser procedures that will allow patients to thrive and enjoy a great quality of life.
Dr. Burger-Wuertz has specialized training in the treatment of TMD and sleep-related disorders. Additionally, as a Diplomate of the American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine, Dr. Burger-Wuertz is passionate about treating and coordinating care for patients as it relates to total head and neck conditions including Sleep Disordered breathing and Sleep Apnea.
Professional accomplishments include:
• Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the UT San Antonio Health Science Center Dental School, 1992
• Completed post-doctoral specialty at the Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri, 1993
• Assistant Adjunct Professor, University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School, San Antonio Texas
• Clinical Assistant Professor at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, 1994-1997
• Certified by the World Clinical Laser Institute
• Certified in hospital dentistry for patients too medically-compromised due to health issues to be treated in a conventional dental setting
• Currently a Clinical Evaluator for Dr. Gordon Christianson’s Clinician’s Research Foundation
• Active dental licensure in Virginia, North Carolina, and Texas
• Member of the Texas Dental Society, American Dental Association, American Association of Dental Sleep • Medicine and the American Association of Sleep Medicine, Fellow in the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, 2014- present Diplomate - ABC Dental Sleep Medicine
• Has written and published numerous papers on restorative & cosmetic dentistry and Biomaterials research
• Dr. Burger-Wuertz has served in Africa, Jamaica and Mexico as a volunteer for numerous programs to help patients of all ages.
Dr. Burger-Wuertz is married to Jeff Wuertz, pastor of Chesapeake Community of Hope Lutheran Church. Jeff and Karen have four great kids who help keep them active. Karen’s hobbies are swimming, cycling, running, music, and stained glass.